All The Things That You Want To Know About the UK’s Electricity Generation in Q2 of 2019

According to Aurora Energy Research’s report, the UK needs to install 100GW of new solar and wind and 30GW of energy storage to meet its goal of net-zero emissions by 2050. In the second quarter (Q2) of 2019, the electricity generation reached 76.3 Terawatt-hour (TWh) or 92.9% of the demand electricity and the remaining (7.1%) was met by imports. 

To clearly show the current state of the UK, we have compared the UK’s state in Q2 of 2019 with Q2 of 2018. The positive aspects of the UK’s electricity generation in Q2 of 2019 were as follow:

*Renewables electricity generation increased by 3.3% compared to Q2 in 2018.  

*Coal-fired electricity generation continued to decline in Q2 of 2019, which was the first quarter since the 19th century with coal generation below 1% of total generation.

*Nuclear electricity generation decreased by 4.5%.

In Addition, the significant negative aspect of it was increasing by around 2% in gas-fired electricity generation.

It is important to note that wind electricity accounted for nearly half of the total renewable generating capacity with around 22.4% (6.1TWh) for onshore wind and 22.1% (6TWh) for offshore wind. Solar energy was allotted 18% (4.9TWh) of the electricity generation of renewables to itself which is the third biggest portion after wind and bioenergy.

———-***———-

Source:@Solar_Edition

Photo:@Solar_Edition

……………

‘All rights to go to the author of the news & image as mentioned above’

———————–#UK #UnitedKingdom #London #renewables #renewableenergy #renewable #solar #wind #coal #solarenergy #windenergy #bioenergy #nuclearenergy #solarpower #windpower #electricity #electric #greenenergy #sustainableenergy #climatechange #solarpv #sustainability #fotovoltaico #fotovoltaica #energiasolarfotovoltaica #energiasolar #energiarenovable  #energiasustentavel #güneşenerjisi #SolarEdition