Market Estimation: Bifacial PV Module Market Share Will Triple up to 2030

The bifacial PV market is about to be tripled up to 2030 based on market estimations. According to the International Technology Roadmap for Photovoltaic’s (ITRPV) report, the market share for the bifacial modules will increase from 10% in 2020 to at least about 35% in 2030. But what is bifacial and how will it boost the power output of future PV plants?

What is bifacial?

The bifacial PV module can harness power from both the front and the rear side of the PV panel. The amount of real output power is dependant on sun reflections to the rear side of the panel and environmental factors. This additional potential power production compared to monofacial modules can result in future dominance of utility-scale installation in the solar energy sector by this module type. 

It is worth mentioning that bifacial modules can harvest solar energy from both the front and rear sides of the module. They will gain between 5% to 30% more power than monofacial modules, depending on installation and location conditions. The other interesting point is that “utility-scale installation” stood for more than 65% of the annual added capacity in the year of 2019

The Module & Cell Structure 

However, most of the PV modules in the market are monofacial solar cells, but bifacial solar cells can utilize both in mono and bifacial PV modules. The ITRPV estimated that between 50% and 60% of bifacial solar cells will be assembled in the bifacial modules and the remaining 40% to 50% will be used in monofacial modules.

See also  W3Solar Fundraising Campaign by Solar Edition to Help Students in Corona Time

Did you know? Solar Edition publishes Monthly the most efficient solar Panels list based on Power Density and Efficiency for 60 and 72 cells panels? Click here to learn more …

———-***———-
Source:@ ITRPV & @Solar_Edition
Photo: @ ITRPV & @Solar_Edition
……………
‘All rights to go to the author of the news & image as mentioned above’
———————–