Australia’s federal government recognized the world’s largest solar farm project as strategically important for the country. According to PV-Magazine, the Australian government has awarded Major Project Status to Sun Cable’s proposed Australian-ASEAN Power Link (AAPL) recognizing the project’s potential to inject billions into the economy and create thousands of Australian jobs.
Some interesting facts about the project are listed in the following:
- The total capacity of the project is 10 GW.
- “The Longest” electricity transfer cable with 3750 kilometers length of underwater high-voltage direct current (HVDC) cables.
- The electricity is exported from the sun-drenched “Tennant Creek” region in Darwin to Singapore.
- Planned 22-30 GWh of battery storage capacity. This would be the largest solar plus storage project worldwide when completed.
- The amount of investment in the project is 22 b$.
You can find more information on the history of the project from our previous article on the topic, “World’s Longest Underwater DC Cables to export Australian Solar Power to Singapore”.
Source:@ PV-Magazine & @Solar_Edition
Photo: @ PV-Magazine & @Solar_Edition
‘All rights to go to the author of the news & image as mentioned above’